If you are having problems with your Computer, the article below will help determine if the problem is with your Drivers.
Downloading the latest Driver releases helps resolve Driver conflicts and improve your computer’s stability and performance. Updates are recommended for all Windows 10, 8, Windows 7, XP and Vista users.
Typical Error Messages related to r256972 exe driver:
What You Must Know About Driver Upgrading
There are a number of popular alerts and other messages that you might get in the driver updating procedure, several of which I've paraphrased and right here along with tips on how to proceed:
Windows cannot verify that the driver is compatible: If you're sure this driver is the right one, touch or click Yes to continue installing it. If you think you might have the driver for the wrong model or something like that, in which case you should look for other INF files or maybe an entirely different driver download, choose No.
Windows can't verify the publisher of this driver software: If you received it directly from the manufacturer or from their installation disc, choose Yes to continue installing this driver only. Choose No if you downloaded the driver elsewhere and didn't exhaust your search for a manufacturer-provided one.
This driver hasn't been signed: In the same manner towards the creator confirmation problem above, select Yes only when you're comfortable regarding the driver's supply.
Windows requires a digitally signed driver: In 64-bit versions of Windows, you won't even see the above two messages because Windows won't let you install a driver that has a digital signature issue. End the driver update process and locate the correct driver from the hardware maker's website if you see this message.
To set Windows to install recommended updates
To automatically get available driver updates for your hardware, set Windows to install recommended updates. You can set Windows to automatically install important and recommended updates or important updates only. Optional updates aren't downloaded or installed automatically. To get all available updates for your devices, periodically check Windows Update for optional updates.
- Open Windows Update by clicking the Start button. In the search box, type Update, and then, in the list of results, click Windows Update.
- In the left pane, click Change settings.
- Under Important updates, click an item in the list. You can decide which updates to automatically download and install.
- Under Recommended updates, select the Give me recommended updates the same way I receive important updates check box, and then click OK. If you're prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation. You can also allow anyone using your computer to install updates by selecting the Allow all users to install updates on this computer check box.
There are a variety of typical warnings as well as other messages that you might get in the driver updating procedure, several of which I've paraphrased and listed here along with guidance on how to proceed:
|Description||Compatibility||Fix Driver Problems|
|Driver Update Tool||
Windows 10, 8, 7, Vista and XP
- Audio & Sound Driver
- Display Drivers
- Motherboard Drivers
- Bluetooth Driver
- Digital Camera Driver
- Video Card Driver
- Keyboard & Mouse Driver
- Network & Wireless Driver
- Printer & Scanner Driver
- Webcam Driver
- CD-ROM/DVD-ROM Driver
- Other Devices